We are happy to welcome you as a participant in the Pennsylvania state level of the MTNA Competitions. To make your competition process as smooth as possible, please review the following guidelines and procedures. All information is listed with your competition entrant number that you have received via email. If you have any other questions, please contact the appropriate competition official.
- Sign in at the registration desk and have music checked. Besides music for you and your accompanist (if applicable), bring one (1) score of each piece you are performing for the judges (mark measure numbers).
- An adult over the age of eighteen (18) will be required to sign a Music Release Form for the use of any reproduced music.
- Practice facilities at the competition site will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Be outside the competition room ten (10) minutes before your scheduled performance time.
- All entrants should be present for the announcement of the results of the competition.
- Within one (1) week following the state competition, non-piano winners must submit an online Accompanist Information Form on the MTNA website. Winner must enter name of accompanist or pay the official accompanist fee.
- MTNA recommends that students under the age of eighteen (18) be accompanied by an adult at all levels of the competition. MTNA will exercise all reasonable caution to provide a safe environment for all entrants but cannot guarantee the safety of all entrants.
- Teachers, coaches, entrants, parents and guardians should not interact in any way with judges before or during the competition at any level.