A statement of professionalism—a commitment to excellence!
Certification is a process that validates an individual’s qualifications for a specific field of professional practice. It demonstrates to employers, clients, and peers that which the individual knows and is able to do. It signifies commitment to continued excellence in professional practice. In addition, it increases visibility, builds credibility, provides a goal for personal professional achievement and validates expertise for the individual and to those outside the field.
- Standard I: Professional Preparation
- Standard II: Professional Teaching Practices
- Standard III: Professional Business Management
- Standard IV: Professionalism and Partnerships
- Standard V: Professional and Personal Renewal
Upon fulfillment of these standards, applicants are granted the MTNA Professional Certification credential with the designation, Nationally Certified Teacher of Music (NCTM). The credential and designation are granted without bias, discrimination, or favoritism between MTNA members and/or non-members or any other arbitrary differentiation. In order to maintain the MTNA Professional Certification credential and designation, NCTM must continue fulfilling the program’s standards through the renewal process.
The MTNA Professional Certification program is objectively administered in a uniform manner to ensure fairness, accuracy, validity and integrity. Due process for reconsideration and reinstatement is included in the program for certification candidates, renewal candidates and for those who aready hold the MTNA Professional Certification credential.
To Apply for MTNA Certification
- Visit: MTNACertification.org
- Phone: 888-512-5278
- Write: MTNA Certification Request, 441 Vine St., Suite 3100, Cincinnati OH 45202-3004
For More Information:
- For additional information/assistance with the application/certification process, please contact Paul Fierro, PMTA State Certification Chair.